Amateur or pro, you’re bound to have heard a few stories and myths about one of the most famous casino games, blackjack. So many players firmly believe in these superstitions and will even go as far as to use it for their strategy, but unfortunately, they’re nothing more than idle gossip if we’re being completely honest about it.
Myths aside, there are many ways to fully enjoy the game, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t bust some of the more common myths.
- Card counting is against the law: While card counting is frowned upon by many, this infamous technique isn’t illegal. Casinos, as with any business, hate losing money and may take notice of people who continuously win at blackjack, with some even opting to ban players that practice this technique. It’s also worth noting that card counting only works in a land based casino.
- You need to hit 21: Of course, the aim is to get as close to 21 as possible, but chasing this number is often the reason why so many players bust. Rather try to get as close as possible and watch as the rest of the players bust.
- Maths will help you win: When first starting out, many players believe that you need to be a math whiz to win, but that’s not the case. The game is all about strategy and knowing when you’ve got a good hand.
- It has the lowest possible house edge: Research has found that if you follow player-friendly rules and have the best strategy, the house edge can be lowered to 0.5%. This all depends on how you play the game and your skills level. The rules and strategy will either work in your favour or count against you.
- The dealer is hot: Many people avoid tables where the dealer is on a winning streak. This is silly as the game is based on skill and luck, which means that you’ll never know when a good hand may pop up.
- The progressive bet ensures a win: This strategy involves doubling your bet each time until you win in an attempt to win big and recover the money spent on previous attempts. This is a random game of luck, so following this method may leave you losing a whole lot if you’re not careful.
- Multiple losses ensure a win: Some players believe that they’ll have a win after a few consecutive losses. Once again, it’s all about luck and you shouldn’t be content with losing – especially on purpose. The simple fact of the matter is that every single hand of blackjack has a 48% chance of winning.
There’s No Shortcut to Winning
While so many people at the sites like https://mobilecasinoca.com/microgaming believe that there are tricks and ways of beating the system to win, it all boils down to your skills level and whether or not lady luck is on your side.